Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
Job Type: Contract
Pay: Depending on experince
Location: London UK
Tenure: Fixed Term
We are looking for a Learning Programmes Manager to Join the team at a leading National Institution. This role is being offered on a 6 month temporary contract.
The Learning Programmes Manager will hold the responsibility for the development and delivery of learning programmes. The main objectives of this role are to ensure holistic public programming across the team, to enable smooth and effective internal communication between the Learning Programmes team and other departments and to facilitate external communications between Learning Programmes and external stakeholders.
The successful candidate will report to the Head of Education and have line management responsibilities.
- Motivate, lead and inspire a team of learning programmers to develop and shape creative, audience-led learning content.
- Take an overall and holistic view on the content of all learning programmes.
- Monitor the budgets throughout the financial year.
- Work closely as part of the Learning and National Programmes Leadership team to ensure the successful delivery of the department’s strategy.
- Identify new business opportunities and work with the Learning Operations Manager to plan and deliver these.
- Make judgement-based decisions about partnerships and potential opportunities for the benefit of the programme and the audiences.
- Monitor the impact of learning programmes through the effective use of the evaluation framework, and ensure continuous improvement.
- Actively seek new learning opportunities that can be applied to all programmes.
- Representing the programme planning and creative content aspect of the department’s work both internally and externally.
- A Degree or Qualified Teacher Status.
- Demonstrable professional experience programming public events in a visual arts or heritage environment.
- Extensive knowledge of the formal education sector and learning theory in action.
- Proven success in leading high performing teams.
- High degree of computer literacy.
- Proven project management experience..
- Demonstrable ability to manage a complex workload to strict deadlines.
- Proven successful experience of devising and implementing strategic plans.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to engage and negotiate with people at all levels and from a range of backgrounds.
- Demonstrable experience of leading, managing and developing a team.