Contract Type: Full-time
Job Type: Permanent
Pay: Dependent on experience
Location: London, UK
Our client, an international gallery, is looking for an experienced Logistics Manager to join their rapidly growing international team. The successful candidate will be based in London while working closing with counterparts in the South African and US spaces. The successful candidate will be responsible for and involved with all aspects of freight, logistics, deliveries, stock management and stock control for the London space.
- Management of works under Temporary Administration
- Management of London delivery schedule & local installations
- Freight quotes & client shipping
- UK interbranch shipments, and management of shipping register
- Management of export docs
- Management of delivery notes
- Procurement of packing materials
- Overall responsibility for ensuring that all works are packed and crated correctly in the London Branch
- Packing – developing appropriate standards and procedures for the receiving and packing of artworks.
- All Logistics related to UK Imports / Exports, including management of UK customs clearance.
- Prepare costing estimates for art fairs (in collaboration with SA Freight Manager)
- Condition reporting of works in UK location
- Managing artwork restoration processes for UK artworks & ensuring that artwork damage is reported promptly to registrar (supervised by Head Registrar).
- Management of UK stores & working with registrar to ensure that artworks are correctly stored
- Assistance with UK stock take
- Facilitate loan requests working with head registrar
- Facilitate consignments IN and OUT working with head registrar
- 3-5 years of experience in fine art shipping or logistics in an international art gallery, fine art shipper, or auction house setting.
- Working knowledge of international fine art shipping, UK customs and familiarity with European customs procedures including TA.
- Art handling experience
- A strong appreciation for efficiency, synergy, and organisation
- A good communicator, with excellent verbal and written communications skills and capable of developing streamlined internal communications
- A true team player, able to connect with and work between multiple vendors while collaborating with an internal team across international locations
- Detail oriented with the ability to handle multiple, complex projects simultaneously under tight deadlines while continually finding opportunities for increased efficiency
- Willing to travel between gallery spaces (internationally) and storage locations, as required