Our client, a unique lighting and furniture designer in London, requires a meticulous and skilled individual as a Logistics Technician for the careful packing, handling and transportation of high value and delicate artwork and furniture. You will therefore need to have practical skills for the building of protective support structures such as export crating and be able to assist with the installation of such items in residential homes as well as show rooms.
This role will at times be client facing so you will need to be customer focused and be able to communicate calmly & effectively.
You will be supporting a busy manufacturing and dispatch schedule. Previous experience from within the packaging and transporting of fine art, furniture or custom lighting is required as are excellent team working skills, integrity and attention to detail.
Key responsibilities include:
- Careful packing, labelling and condition reporting of client orders for UK or Export
- Building of wooden export quality crating for the safe transportation of delicate and heavy items
- Delivery and installation on site of furniture, lighting, and fine art objects
- Supporting the design and manufacturing team with all logistics and photography
- Monitoring stock and essential consumables required for the role
Knowledge and experience:
- Experienced packaging, logistics and installation technician for export shipping of delicate lighting, furniture and/or fine art logistics
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Integrity, focus, reliability and professionalism
- Able to deliver on time with accuracy
- Produces work to the highest standard exceeding client expectation
- Excellent communication and team skills
- Foundation degree or higher national diploma; BA or BTEC certificate or similar qualification
- Full clean UK driving licence