Contract Type: Full-time
Job Type: Permanent
Pay: Dependent on experience
Location: London, UK
One of the world’s leading international contemporary art galleries are looking to appoint a highly motivated and experienced Managing Editor for their publishing division.
The role will be based in Central London.
Key responsibilities are varied and will include:
- Develop concept and content of a neat list of titles together with artist/estate, curator and other parties involved, from initial planning stages and content collation, through editing and production
- Propose and introduce the licensing of a selection of Galleries Publishers titles
- Responsible for all rights activities for the Galleries Publishers list in selected territories
- Includes editorial management
Required knowledge, skills and qualifications:
- Considerable experience as an editor or managing editor in a publishing house, preferable experience in co-edition and licensing including management and maintenance of rights..
- Academic background, preferably in Art History, Bachelor’s degree
- Strong writing/editing/proofreading skills and an excellent portfolio
- Good IT skills with MS Office and InDesign, Photoshop or other publishing tools
- Excellent written skills in English, additional languages are a plus
- An eye for detail along with critical thinking
- Ability to prioritise and multitask