An international gallery seeks a Marketing Associate to join their marketing team within the Communications department in London.
Working underneath the European Communications Director and in tandem with the Global Marketing Director, and the international marketing team, the Marketing Associate’s primary responsibilities will be the oversight of the gallery’s owned media channels, printed materials and digital properties, including but not limited to print & digital advertising, website, email and client facing marketing collateral for the European region. In addition, the Marketing Associate will aid in the development of new marketing strategies with a focus on audience development and audience lifecycle through various owned and paid media channels.
A core member of the marketing team, the Marketing Associate will collaborate closely with various other departments in the gallery, including Sales, Curatorial, Research & Archives, and the Events & Public Relations in the execution of the gallery’s marketing strategies. The Marketing Associate will be the point-of-contact for the daily marketing activities of the gallery in London.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Collaborate with the Content and Imaging teams on the creation of tailored marketing assets across the digital spectrum, including but not limited to invitations, client facing marketing collateral, window, and gallery window vinyl and wall text, among other printed and digital materials required by the gallery.
- Develop and deploy owned and paid media marketing strategies in support of artists’ projects and the gallery’s corporate objectives in close collaboration with the Marketing Director, including digital & print advertising, organic & paid social media, SEO / SEM, and direct email marketing
- Work with the European teams to build year-round communications plans for each exhibition and fair.
- Oversee the photography schedule for the London gallery and UK based art fairs and work with the imaging team to process the resulting images.
- Oversee advertising contracts, placements, and the execution, approval, and delivery of creative with the gallery’s design team.
- Necessary management of the gallery’s website and third-party digital platforms as it relates to the London galleries and art fairs across Europe.
- Manage direct marketing email schedule and approval process as relates to all gallery and artist activity, including exhibitions, art fairs, corporate announcements, and content for the European region.
- Compile, organize, and format key communications materials such press releases, digital press kits and caption sheets
- Input on global social media schedule as relates to the gallery’s European activity and corporate goals
- Manage and execute all other related marketing activities as needed
What You’ll Bring:
- BA in art history, communications, marketing, or related field of study
- Considerable experience working for a commercial art gallery, auction house, museum, or similar.
- Familiarity with project management and marketing tools, including Asana and social media scheduling platforms
- Active interest and knowledge in the contemporary art industry
- Exceptional project management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multitask
- Strong graphic design skills within a professional setting, with proven ability to create client facing marketing materials.
- Experience working with Google Analytics, Facebook for Business, and associated digital platforms
- Comfortable working within industry-standard online platforms including content management systems (CMS), customer relationship managers (CRM) and productivity software
- Keen eye for digital trends, emerging marketing strategies, and innate comprehension of the digital landscape
- Strong social media skills including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube
- Uncompromising attention to detail
- Excellent writing ability, with keen attention to punctuation and grammar