A multi-disciplinary design house in London focused on micro-production of collectable, wearable pieces of art in limited edition releases is looking for an Operations/EA person to join their small team.
The Operations/EA will work directly as the right hand of the Founder and Creative Director to execute the company’s operations and business strategies to maximise growth, along with managing and ensuring smooth day-to-day operations of the studio and showroom traffic.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of the growth of a fashion business. The ideal candidate is a positive self-starter with a start-up mindset and can-do attitude, with excellent communication, organisation and project management skills. The candidate should also have a flexible and hands-on mentality that allows them to take on a wide variety of responsibilities across the various departments of the company. The ideal candidate is to be the point of contact across all departments ensuring smooth operations internally and externally with logistic companies delivering goods.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assisting in executing the company’s business strategies to attain financial growth goals, and monitoring company progress
- Strategically plan and manage all inbound and outbound logistics for the company
- Direct, optimize and coordinate logistics critical path
- Supervise and manage logistics, e-com fulfilment and stock control teams
- Negotiate contracts with small package carriers and freight forwarders
- Improve cost, productivity, accuracy, and timeliness
- Manage stock allocation and delivery across all channels (retail and digital)
- Courier Management, handling shipping and deliveries, advising on customs and duties and ensuring that all deliveries are tracked and monitored
- Invoice, budget and receipt management, working closely with the director and external accounting company
- Planning and carrying out cost-effective business development and marketing activities
- Overseeing the company’s financial performance
- Helping to build and supervise a growing team
- Acting as the HR point of contact for all team members and developing an onboarding and training program
- Managing entry level employees with tasks, making sure they are on time and efficient.
- Recommending ways to execute and improve business operations to Founder/CEO
- Identifying and addressing potential problems and opportunities for the company
- Building strategic partnerships for brand growth
- Working directly with the production team to ensure new styles are launched in a timely manner for production
- Keeping a weekly meeting schedule for all departments, including production, marketing, e-commerce, and customer service
- Managing VIP/CRM clients
- Managing the studio, including administrative, scheduling and supplies, and studio assistant tasks when the Creative Director is traveling to ensure all operations are running smoothly
- Acting as a EA to the Creative Director to schedule travel, meetings, and serve as their right hand
- Managing all financials, budgets, and expenses, and liaising with accountant to manage P&L sheets and invoicing
- Packing orders, handling shipping and tracking, and ensuring a positive customer experience