Contract Type: Full-time
Job Type: Permanent
Pay: £25 - 32k depending on experience
Location: London UK
A well known artist’s studio, based in East London, is looking for a PA to support two Artist Studio Directors.
Candidates will need to demonstrate a high degree of personal responsibility and initiative with a diplomatic and discreet attitude. Being able to manage complex workloads is a must and there must be a commitment to gaining an extensive knowledge of all areas of the studio.
The ideal candidate will have an excellent understanding and interest in the art world, a calm and methodical approach to their work, the ability to respect confidentiality with the utmost sincerity, the confidence to exercise initiative, work independently and under pressure. Above all will be someone who can work within a small and friendly team, have a sense of good spirit and most importantly be a team player.
- Director’s calendar management
- Managing the director’s task list
- Arranging appointments and meetings
- Arranging travel, visas and accommodation for the directors and the rest of the team to project and artwork installs around the world
- Liaising on the director’s behalf via email and telephone as directed
- Processing the director’s expenses
- Providing assistance with report preparation, and other tasks as required
- Answering incoming calls
- Assisting with other studio administration tasks when needed, providing cover for the administration team, devising and maintaining office systems
- Meeting and greeting visitors at all levels of seniority
- Ordering general stationery, supplies and groceries for the studio
- Acting as the initial point of contact for general enquiries for the studio Director/Curator
Highlighted Skills required:
- Considerable experience as a PA or EA
- Proficient in MS Office and Google Platform
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles
- A professional and quick-thinking approach in both spoken and written communication
- A precise and clear writing style, able to suit situation and audience
- A professional approach to work, demeanour and appearance
Some travel may be involved in this role. Main location of work will be East London but you may be required to work in central London sometimes.