Contract Type: Part-time
Job Type: Contract
Location: London, UK
On behalf of our client a design and art gallery we are searching for an experienced Part-Time Bookkeeper for 1-2 days per week, to be based in Mayfair.
- Manage day to day bookkeeping, processing incoming invoices and payments made, track sales Invoices, etc. reconciling gallery accounts payable and accounts receivable in coordination with Director
- Assist external accountants with quarterly VAT Return and monthly EC Sales
- Balance monthly petty cash statement
- Gather any remaining documents, statements and send to external accountant for quarterly VAT submission
- Assist in tracking project costs from start to finish; including production costs and commission costs, etc.
- Work closely with Director and external accountants to ensure timely & accurate monthly and year end close.
This person will be responsible for logging all business expenses, keep track of Invoices received and payments made to vendors via accounts payable and accounts receivable. Making sure all bank statements match financial software (receipt bank), and sending all invoices received for processing. Researching or asking questions on anything that may show up inaccurately, and generally passing a fine eye over all transactions to make sure they are in the system and categorised correctly.
The ideal candidate will be IT literate with excellent numeracy skills as well as someone who pays attention to detail. Must have knowledge of VAT Margin Scheme and VAT import export regulations.
Able to provide:
Bookkeeper must be fully qualified and able to provide copies of qualifications, references and a detailed CV outlining your experience.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Previous work experience as Accounting Assistant or Bookkeeper
- knowledge of VAT Margin Scheme and VAT import export regulations.
- Methodical, analytical, organised
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and in fast paced environment
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Outstanding data entry skills
- Good working knowledge of Excel
- QuickBooks or Xero experience needed