Our client, a global auction house, is looking for a Payroll and People Specialist to help them develop their talent strategy, strengthen their people brand globally, build organisational capability and drive process improvement. This creative and dynamic role will work closely with the people supporting all elements of the employee lifecycle: from attraction of prospective employees to their and development, and right up until they leave the company. You will also have the opportunity to engage with employees and management on the day to day running of teams. The position offers one day a week working from home.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
(In addition to the tasks and responsibilities listed, you may be required to perform other duties as assigned by your Manager)
- Prepare and manage all variable information regarding payroll process for Europe on a monthly basis.
- Participate in the management of administration and payroll systems-change for Europe.
- Be responsible for collating and transmitting payroll input, reviewing output and providing primary approvals working with the outsourced payroll vendor.
- Ensure that net pay is accurately paid to all employees on a monthly basis.
- Make sure that all payments, statutory reporting to Tax /Social Security Authorities, and pensions are reconciled and paid in an accurate and timely manner.
- Manage the relationship with the outsourced payroll vendor and make sure all declarations are either done by ADP or manage this directly if the former is not the case.
- Manage all social declarations and data reconciliation for social security, tax, pension and disability on the France payroll. Liaise with all stakeholders (internal and external) in France. Manage the luncheon vouchers database management and transport justifications for France.
- Assist with any internal/external payroll audit and social audit, especially in France.
- Support the wider payroll team (central and regional) to cover vacations and other absences.
- Answer all employee queries regarding payroll.
Administration and benefits
- Liaise with counterparts (i.e. Finance and other HR team members) on rewards and benefits issues. Prepare the salary and bonus review and make sure data is accurate.
- Assist the Head of People Europe for HR reporting on matters such as headcount, orgcharts etc.
- Ensure handbooks and policies are kept up to date for Europe
- Work with internal HR and IT stakeholders for onboarding.
- Monitor the training on the HR information system and make sure employees are using it correctly (both managers and employees), in order to have accurate data and correct accruals.
- Assist the central HR administration team in London in charge of employment contract and HR administration
- Provide general administrative support as required for areas such as starters, movers, leavers, benefits, visa applications, etc., working with HR Support
- Provide support for global HR strategic projects with the chance to own projects as appropriate
- Assist with and implement organisational design and change activities throughout the business
- Focus on own continuous development and ensure skills are kept up to date
- Payroll education
- Educated to Graduate level
- Previous experience in an international company with a focus in Europe (French payroll experience mandatory).
- Experience using an international payroll tool and provider such as ADP.
- Knowledge and understanding of European law
- Bilingual English and French, any additional European language is a plus
- Self-motivated, ability to multi-task, prioritise and work accurately
- Ability to build strong working relationships and gain respect across all levels of the organisation
- Professional, with ability to inspire confidence
- Confident communicator both in writing and verbally
- Creative, but practical approach to problem solving
- Flexible and capable of working on multiple projects at the same time
- Confident, tenacious, resilient and enthusiastic
- Technically literate, including HR Platforms and MS Office
- Experience of payroll administration
- Professional services industry and/or multi-site background (advantageous)