A boutique arts communications agency is looking for a Press Relations Director to join their team.
The press relations activities are divided into three geographical sectors and fields of expertise: the media in the UK and USA, the media in Continental Europe, and the media in Asia/Middle East, each directed by a different expert team and overseen by the Managing Director.
The agency is looking for an experienced and ambitious Press Relations Director (equiv. Account Director) to join the UK/USA media team and direct strategic press campaigns for prestigious clients including art and design galleries, museums and private art foundations. The role involves international travel. The Press Relations Director reports to the Managing Director.
Key responsibilities are challenging and include:
- Delivery of outstanding press coverage in the UK and USA via carefully planned, strategic and creative PR campaigns
- Organisation and management of fairs, private views and press events
- Client liaison at senior level
Essential skills and experience required include:
- Demonstrable knowledge of key media in both the UK and USA, in particular the arts, art market, design, consumer and luxury/lifestyle media
- Institution or agency background
- Proven track-record in generating significant media coverage, from news to features and other editorial content in a wide range of publications, broadcast and social media
- Experience devising and implementing strategic communication campaigns at a senior level
- Impeccable interpersonal skills with strong verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent organisational skills and proven ability to work well under pressure and independently
- Ability to manage high-profile client relationships
- Flexibility, self-motivation and ability to adapt to their unique company culture
- A passion for the arts and understanding of the current artistic and cultural landscape
- Native level of both written and spoken English. Proficiency in French and other European languages is an asset