An online art platform is seeking a driven and innovative Sales Director with a focus on Post-War and Contemporary Art to join their Private Sales Team. In this role, you will be responsible for drafting and implementing sales campaigns to actively grow their client base, while ensuring a best-in-class client experience. Their sales approach puts confidentiality and discretion above all, while applying various digital tools in the process of matching sellers and blue-chip inventory with potential buyers. You will be contributing to the success of the platform by growing revenue and driving sales.
This can be a remote working role but the successful person will have an existing client base in the UK or US.
Drive quality and performance of sales
- Consign and sell works both autonomously and with the help of the team
- Evaluate and assess incoming consignments with the help of their in-house auction price database as well as their network of galleries and private dealers.
- Facilitate outreach and follow-ups of ongoing campaigns to foster dialogue and expand business opportunity pipeline in close collaboration with Head of Department
- Manage campaign implementation and refine communication strategies within their dedicated CRM software
- Leverage suite of digital tools to scale private sale business and pipeline depth
- Keep abreast of current markets, key players, and competitors, while assisting in developing a competitive department strategy
- Meet and exceed revenue targets and maintain an active opportunity pipeline of both buyers and sellers
Build client base and relationships
- In partnership with Head of Department, conceive, prepare and implement targeted development plan of existing client network
- Actively building new, meaningful relationships, expanding the business’ scope and reach
- Act as a representative of the business and build a network of key influencers within the market
- Use knowledge and expertise, such as writing articles, giving lectures, and more, to expand the company’s presence and create a competitive advantage
- Develop and nurture clients to convert buyers and sellers, focus on growth, retain clients, and build loyalty
Maximize cross-functional partnerships
- Participates in strategy and implementation of marketing initiatives to drive successful campaigns including email, social media, events, and news
- Collaborates with Sale Operations to improve post-sale handling and maintains strong client relations
- Contributes to a positive, motivated, and results-driven team atmosphere
- Partners with other internal departments to identify and develop cross-selling opportunities