A Brooklyn-based artist’s studio is seeking a motivated and organized Production Lead to join a small and active team. The Production Lead will work on artwork production processes for the studio.
The ideal candidate will have a background in fine arts and experience with artwork production. The Production Lead will be directly involved with the artist’s processes: preparing materials for paintings, drawings, and collages, building meticulous and
precise exhibition models, and creating artwork maquettes, as well as keeping the studio space clean and organized and packing/unpacking works for photography and shipping. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, have the ability to think on their
feet, and offer creative and innovative solutions for studio tasks. Applicants should be team players with a desire to bring the artist’s vision to life through problem-solving, creative thinking, and meticulous hands-on work. Time management, an eye for detail, strong organizational skills, and previous studio and/or production experience are necessary.
- Experience in an artwork production-focused role, ideally in an artist’s studio.
- The ability to build meticulous exhibition models and artwork maquettes.
- Knowledge of best practice in art handling and packing techniques.
- Ability to carefully handle and lift heavy objects.
- Strong time and project management and organizational skills.
- A professional, proactive, and motivated attitude.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide technical support to artist and staff for all production-related tasks, including: gessoing paper, assisting the artist with preparing materials for paintings, drawings, and collages, and cleaning and organizing studio spaces.
- Build detailed and meticulous exhibition models and artwork maquettes.
- Efficiently and confidently handle, install, and pack working materials and finished works.
- Continually develop understanding of artist’s oeuvre and working style.
- Assist with installation of artworks for off-site exhibitions as needed.
- Ensure that day-to-day function is in sync with greater studio goals.