For our client, an institution for contemporary art, we are looking for a Production Manager. The ideal candidate has senior experience in an institution or artist studio and has worked with renowned artists on an international level. The Production Manager will oversee the production and installation of large-scale exhibitions from beginning to end, covering the management of all operational and technical aspects and managing an installation team. Previous experience in managing and maintain building, gallery spaces and storage is required. The Production Manager reports directly to the Head of Programming, should be fluent in German and English and brings a relevant network. German is essential for this role.
- Maintain good relationships with venue representatives and represent the organization externally if necessary
- Build and manage a relevant network of suppliers and installation freelancers
- Be well versed on contemporary art
- Location Scouting and find appropriate venues for projects as required
- Obtain comparative quotes, negotiate contracts with suppliers
- Provide an overview of production-related costs to the Head of Programme
- Create and manage internal production timeline
- Rental and purchase of equipment based on approval
- Work closely with the curatorial team to provide advice on planning and implementation of exhibitions with regards to production-related aspects (including logistics, technology, AV, lighting design, etc)
- Liaise with the artist and/or artist studio on production-related matters
- Coordination and management of the installation and the dismantling of the exhibition
- Hire and oversee conservators for the condition checking of artworks.
- Review and check on the exhibition regularly for any required maintenance