Contract Type: Full-time
Job Type: Permanent
Pay: Dependent on experience
Location: Berlin, Germany
An internationally renowned Artist Studio is seeking a Production Technician to join the artist’s team and assist in production. The candidate must be inventive, diligent, enthusiastic, and quick learning, with abilities to manage and improve the production process from material research to final artwork.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support of the production department;
- Overseeing large-scale production processes, drawing up production schedules
- Ensuring that works are produced on time;
- Setting, monitoring, maintaining, and improving quality standards;
- Making decisions about equipment use, maintenance, modification, and procurement;
- Summarizing and presenting production expenditures and outcomes internally;
- Working out the material resources needed;
- Liaising among different departments;
- Be responsible for product development; from design concept, material research, fabrication, packing, installation, storage, and inventory.
- Background in Architecture or Industrial Design;
experience in product design and construction with excellent demonstrable technical skills in hands-on production;
- Excellent problem-solving and time-management skills. An ability to quickly solve technical details and work under pressure, set priorities, manage a number of tasks concurrently, and work independently;
- Experience with machinery, understanding of both machinery and material handling requirements, and knowledge of production and construction processess.
- Fluent spoken and written English, and spoken German required.
- Demonstrable graphic and computer skills with an ability to read, interpret and draw technical detail drawings and shop sketches for manufacturing using Rhinoceros;
- Highly motivated with a flexible and committed attitude to work.