Our client is an established online arts platform which helps facilitate the sale of secondary art works. Due to growth in their business they are looking for a highly experienced sales professional to join their team based in Paris.
The vision of the platform is to give art dealers of Post-War and Contemporary art a confidential, secure, and efficient digital tool to expand the reach of their network and increase private sales. Interactions are between vetted and anonymous blue chip galleries, advisors, dealers, and top level private collectors. In addition to the digital platform the Company has a dedicated international sales team who sources works and assists in every step of the sales process on behalf of members. The Company act solely in the best interest of clients, with complete transparency and have the experience and expertise in resolving complex issues related to the valuation, authentication, sale, and shipment of artwork.
As Regional Account Manager, your primary responsibility will be to maintain active relationships with members, and help them use the platform to allow them to transact successfully. These members are mostly top-tier galleries, you will therefore be required to demonstrate a unique blend of art world knowledge, humility, empathy, creative insight, self-motivation, team-work, and attention to detail. The role requires an individual who not only excels at fostering external relationships within the arts community, but who is also willing to roll up their sleeves and help galleries by providing technical support using the platform. You will maintain timely communication with colleagues based in New York, Paris, London, and Berlin. You must be self-motivated and thrive on the ability to work autonomously.
The ideal candidate is a dedicated, knowledgeable, articulate, and target driven ambassador, who is equally comfortable strolling the aisles at major art fairs as digging into the CRM to meticulously track outreach efforts and improve conversion rates.
Joining the Company means working:
- for an international company which aims to be the first and most powerful art network in the world with people who have already launched extremely successful companies /events in IT world and art,
- for a start-up which means autonomy, flexibility, and creativity,
- working at a distance with a small and international sales team, who are very driven to close sales
- Manage and grow the network of members in your assigned region,
- Boost and follow-up daily members activity,
- Build a strong relationship between the company and each member, and gain their confidence, foster previews and sales, and potentially organise details of closing the sale (shipping insurance, location)
- Report regularly to the Head of Sales
- French native language and fluent in English
- Work experience in the Post-War & Contemporary Art world (galleries/auction houses/private advisory) required
- Must have been part of a sales team
- Excellent client services skills, existing relations with some of the most famous galleries in is compulsory,
- Passionate about people and art
- Refined, diplomatic, well educated, with a professional appearance
- Organised and efficient