Contract Type: Full-time
Job Type: Permanent
Our client, an internationally renowned auction house, is looking for a Registrar for its fine art storage facility. The site has been designed and built to provide the highest level of storage solutions as well as excellent viewing facilities for clients and staff. The safe receiving, handling, storage, packing, transfer and releasing of all works of art as well as providing an excellent level of client service both internally and externally are fundamentals to this role.
The primary functions of the Registrar include:
- To accurately record in SAP the dimensions of all property received into Inventory along with other pertinent logistical information from which accurate quotes relating to the cost of shipping the property pre or post sale are produced.
- To accurately record the condition of each item highlighting any possible condition issues and any areas of potential concern.
- To be able to work proficiently in different sites as dictated by property volumes and as required by the head of department, working in an integrated manner with the other Auction Operations departments.
- A flexible approach and the need to work overtime, weekends, extended and unsocial hours to assist the other Auction Operations departments at all sites.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide an exceptional level of care in the unpacking, handling, movement, storage and packing of property, with the primary focus and goal being the safety of both people and property at all times.
- Ensure that all items that arrive are accurately processed within the set service level agreements for the area and their dimensions/logistical information carefully recorded.
- Provide an accurate condition report of each work of art that arrives at either premises, highlighting any areas of concern or any areas of potential damage that have occurred in transit.
- Liaise directly with the Shipping and Logistics team and external shipping agents to arrange and perform sale walks for each designated sale.
- Multi-functional; be able to provide a high level of support to all areas of auction operations at either site in order to sustain a high level of service throughout the year.
- Provide an exceptional level of internal and external client service.
- Work alongside the property receiving technician to be able to provide a high level of support. Be able to oversee deliveries to both complexes, and to be able to unpack, condition check and label property within the designated service level agreements.
- Carry out bi-annual stock checks for departments assigned to you by your manager.
- Ensure all items that are transferred between sites (domestic and internationally), and temporary releases are packed to a high level as required and that an accurate inventory record is maintained.
- Have a flexible approach to working at both sites, and to working overtime in order to support property receiving, the registrars and the wider auction operations department.
- Adhere to all health and safety requirements. Demonstrate an understanding of personal responsibility for the health and safety of self and others and carry out risk assessments.
Professional Skill, Competencies and Experience:
- Enthusiastic, honest, highly self-motivated and able to remain calm under pressure.
- Experience of handling and installing art works to a high standard in a safe and professional manner.
- Flexible approach to work. Able to work evenings, weekends and at alternative sites as required.
- Excellent internal and external client service skills.
- Proactive problem solving skills.
- Excellent time management and forward planning skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written skills communication skills as well as the ability to communicate in a professional manner with a wide variety of people.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Able to undertake regular manual handling.