Contract Type: Full-time
Job Type: Permanent
Pay: 30K+ depending on experience
Tenure: Fixed Term
We are looking for a Registrar to join a blue chip gallery in London. Working across areas such as client, exhibition and art fair shipping, this post will also liaise with the Technical Department and assist the team as a whole with the smooth running of gallery operations.
- Maintaining the gallery’s database – stock entries, provenance and exhibition histories
- Keeping track of locations, prices and production costs
- Client shipping – sourcing estimates and managing dispersals to/from the gallery, storage and art fairs
- Co-ordinating art fair and exhibition shipments
- Working with the Technical Dpt. and Artist Liaisons to ensure stock flows in/out between storage, viewings, artist’s studios, fabricators and alternate spaces
- Administering loans and consignments
- Managing insurance certificates and condition reports
- Liaising with UK and international shippers
- Bonded warehouse and TA administration
Candidates must have 2+ years experience in a Registrar role or with a Fine Art Shipping Company, with demonstrable knowledge of customs procedures. Dealing with client shipping, they should be able to handle collector’s enquiries, with sensitivity and patience.
An amount of front of house, at reception, may also be required. Therefore, the successful applicant should be well presented, articulate and confident engaging with visitors to the gallery.