Our client, a gallery for Contemporary Art, is looking for a Registrar. The ideal candidate will have experience working within registration at a commercial art gallery or logistics company and is professional, detail oriented, and highly organized. Applicants should be able to multitask and work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Generates contracts related to loans and installations, prepares and manages loans and consignments to museums and galleries.
- Continually updates all inventory records in ArtBase, including locations, new photography, conditions of consignment, loan forms, shipping records, relevant research, provenance, exhibition histories, historical references, and literature.
- Create certificates of authenticity, condition reports, and installation instructions as needed.
- Coordination of local, domestic, and international shipping and installation.
- Ensure all works are photographed.
- Periodic audit of the gallery’s physical storage.
- Oversee art fair applications, insurance coverage, logistics, associated vendors, domestic and international shipping and packing, and managing shipping deadlines.
- Participating in gallery installations, openings, fairs and other external events as needed.
- Demonstrated knowledge of standard gallery & museum registration practices, art handling and conservation, packing and shipping methods, and be familiar with fine art insurance.
- Previous experience in a gallery, museum, auction house or art transport company preferred.
- Understanding of Artbase or similar inventory management system.
Actual salary from this range will be based on the candidate’s experience and qualifications.