Contract Type: Full-time
Job Type: Permanent
Pay: Depending on experience
New role just in for a registrar in a Contemporary Gallery in London. We are looking for someone who can start at the beginning of January, or before.
The ideal candidate will to have at least 2 years experience in a Fine Art Shipping Company, Commercial Gallery or Auction House and have good knowledge of import/export regulations, TA and tax implications of works coming in from outside the EU.
- Overseeing the gallery inventory – knowledge of bespoken databases, ArtLogic would be an advantage.
- Be responsible for all shipping of artworks to/from the gallery, keeping accurate records and liaising with fine art shippers
- Manage relationships with external storage companies.
- Liaise with the logistics team at the sister gallery in the Middle East
- Ensure all artworks are insured
- Arrange framing and packing where required
- Liaise with artist studios to arrange productions of artworks artists in some cases with production of works
- Manage exhibition install/deinstalls together with gallery manager