Our client, an international contemporary gallery, is looking for a Registrar to join their team in Berlin. Coordinating all logistics from managing imports and exports, to planning and supervising all movements of artworks within and outside of the gallery, the Registrar will work closely with the Logistics and Production Managers of the gallery to conduct inspections and condition reports, generate necessary paperwork, and record property and location information in the gallery’s database. The successful candidate with also be acting as the first point of contact for all incoming and outgoing art, while also working closely with the Sales team and the clients of the gallery. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a fine art shipping company or similar and must have detailed knowledge of customs and tax regulations.
Please note that fluency in German is required for this role.
- Planning, coordination and handling of all domestic and international transportation
- Warehouse logistics of internal and external warehouses
- Proper packing for transport and storage
- Instruction and cooperation with assistants, technicians and art-handlers of the gallery
- General inventory maintenance and updating of database with input of all relevant information
- Coordination and cooperation during set-up and dismantling, installation / de-installation of works in the gallery and at fairs
- Technical and logistical support of the exhibitions on site
- Handling of insurance claims and condition inspections of the works
- Several years of professional experience in the field of art at an international level
- Very good knowledge in the field of art handling, packaging, handling, storage of artworks
- A basic understanding of import/export and tax regulations, and willingness to extend their knowledge on the topic
- Flexibility and willingness to travel
- Fluency in German and English (either native or on native level)