A dynamic and expanding gallery in Central London is looking for an experienced Registrar. The candidate would be joining a small and busy team of young and enthusiastic members at an exciting time as the gallery develops new projects and expands its programme.
The ideal candidate would have experience of Temporary Admission and customs handling, as well as AML regulations.
- Client liaison – the registrar is the first point of call for clients who have purchased from the gallery and they will be responsible for organising the framing, delivery and post-sale service with the client.
- Exhibition co-ordination – responsible for the transportation and preparation of work for exhibition and for the cataloguing of works on arrival at the gallery.
- Shipping – the registrar will handle both domestic and international shipments for the gallery, in charge of the packing and transportation of sold and consigned works with particular emphasis on the management of import and export of works from outside the UK.
- Stock management – including the cataloguing of new works, the archiving and storage of stock, management of the stock database and the creation of consignment agreements and condition reports.
- Contracting – the registrar will be responsible for procuring quotes and contracts from framers, technicians and restorers for the purposes of exhibitions and sales management.
- Be capable of managing projects with multiple moving parts.
- Previous experience in a gallery/museum setting.
- Be detail oriented and a keen problem solver.
- Have knowledge of T/A and customs handling, including customs documents, insurance, and liaising with shipping agents.