We are looking for a full-time Registrar for a contemporary gallery based in Oxfordshire.
The main focus of this position will be the coordination of all aspects of shipping arrangements for incoming and outgoing works, this will include, condition reporting, packing and unpacking of artworks, and supporting the installation of a broad range of contemporary art from delicate works on paper to large sculptural installations across a gallery, a sculpture garden and in other venues. The Registrar reports to the Director to complete the needs of every exhibition from the planning stages through installation and dispersal.
- Coordinate transport and installation arrangements with shipping agents
- Administer exhibition documents, including condition reports, insurance certificates and consignment agreements
- Liaise with clients, galleries, artists in order to coordinate the sale, consignment or loan of works in line with all stakeholder requirements
- Undertake condition reports
- Oversee handling of works on site
- Maintain artwork internal database and related documentation surrounding artwork including insurance and customs documentation
- Work with Director to develop and monitor exhibition budgets
- Undergraduate degree in art history or related field strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with preparation and art handling best practices.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly organised and detail oriented.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, is required.
- Experience with Artlogic.
- Understanding of customs and duty for worldwide transport.
- Experience coordinating artwork transport, installation, insurance and customs requirements.
- Experience within the commercial gallery sector.
The Gallery is located 1 hour from London in the Oxfordshire countryside. Therefore, the right candidate will need to be able to drive and have their own car.