We are looking for an experienced Registrar for a gallery in Mayfair that specialises in Ancient and Medieval Art.
- Managing stock inventory, ensuring records are maintained and updated efficiently and accurately, including management of website database.
- Managing all incoming and outgoing shipments of works of art, locally and internationally.
- Liaising with customers and vendors post-purchase and post-sale
- Managing and maintaining our Temporary Admission account with HMRC
- Dealing with VAT under the auctioneers and art dealers margin scheme and TA and ensuring that appropriate records are retained to support the VAT returns
- Providing administrative and office support and helping to coordinate and assist a team of six people in one of London’s leading galleries
- Proven experience in a commercial gallery or auction house essential
- Strong knowledge of current customs procedures, temporary admissions and export licencing, both for the UK and in the context of its relationship with Europe post-Brexit
- Computer literate with good working knowledge of art and client databases and website content management systems
- Understanding of the VAT margin scheme and financially aware
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Ability to think creatively and independently
- Demonstrable interest in Medieval Art desirable