Contract Type: Full-time
Job Type: Permanent
Pay: Depending on experience
Our client, a respected Contemporary Gallery is looking for a Registrar for a 14 month fixed term contract.
This is a senior position and is a great opportunity for someone step up and take responsibility for the registrarial aspects of all sales, exhibition and art fair shipments across all of the gallery’s locations and offices.
- Working with colleagues and external parties to ensure that all shipments run smoothly and support junior colleagues where necessary.
- Assist the Accountants to make sure that all invoicing and VAT matters comply with regulations.
- Ensure all invoices received from external contractors are correct and on budget.
- Maintaining meticulous records of all loaned and consigned works and ensure the gallery’s database shows correct current location, customs status and condition.
- Prepare all consignment and loan paper work.
- Main point of contact for all of the gallery’s customs and shipping procedures.
- Solely responsible for maintaining and administering the TA account.
- Significant experience of working within a Commercial gallery or Fine Art Shipper.
- Excellent knowledge of Temporary Admissions Accounts as well as worldwide customs regulations.
- Excellent organisation and planning skills, be at ease with complex tasks and have the ability to work under pressure and to strict timeframes whilst retaining excellent attention to detail.
- A positive and versatile attitude to work.
- The ability to communicate diplomatically with colleagues, clients and external contacts.