Our client, an established gallery for contemporary art, is seeking a Sales & Artist Liaison. The ideal candidate is articulate and confident in communicating the work of artists in the gallery programme with collectors, curators, museums, and institutions as well as journalists and writers. The ideal candidate will have a strong network of established contacts within the region and international art world and must be organised and self-motivated, with strong attention to detail.
Several years experience in a commercial gallery and artist production is required, as well as fluency in both English and German languages (a third language is a bonus).
- Providing vision and leadership on implementing initiatives to meet and exceed annual sales targets
- Liaising with artists in the gallery programme regarding upcoming exhibitions at the gallery and externally such as museums, institutions, other commercial galleries as well as projects, commissions and events/performances as well as their participation in art fair presentations
- Proactively leading in securing opportunities for the artists
- Being the contact person at the gallery for specified artists when communicating with museums, institutions, and other commercial galleries regarding invitations for exhibitions and/or commissions
- Travelling to attend exhibition openings of artists in the gallery programme, their participation in biennales or major art events, as well as their events and performances
- Keeping an updated record of artist works using the gallery database and contacting venues for documentation of the artist exhibitions
- Assisting in production research and fabrication on behalf of an artist both within Germany and abroad
- Tracking and archiving production costs of both artist and gallery of artworks using the gallery database