Our client, an established international gallery for Contemporary Art in Berlin is looking for an experienced Sales & Artist Liaison to join their team. Acting as a primary point of contact for artists on all matters, the Sales & Artist Liaison is also responsible for career strategy, studio liaison and exhibitions. The successful candidate will have strong communication skills and a deep knowledge of the international contemporary art market. The candidates must have work experiences in gallery or similar, a good commercial awareness and the ability to work within the fast pace of a commercial gallery with discretion. This position requires great attention to detail and ability to work effectively with multiple individuals and manage several projects at once.
Please note, GERMAN IS ESSENTIAL for this role.
The role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Liaising with gallery artists
- Coordination with the Operation & Communication Team
- Planning and setting up online sales strategies with the owners together with the Sales Director
- Preparation and sending out of price lists, offers and previews
- Organisation of exhibitions and gallery projects
- Communication with international museums and other institutions
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experiences:
- Fluency in German & English
- Work experience in gallery and deep knowledge of the international contemporary art market
- Good commercial awareness
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Proactive and positive attitude
- Experience working with Adobe suite/FileMaker/Artsy