Contract Type: Full-time
Job Type: Permanent
Our client, a contemporary art gallery is looking for a sales assistant to join its team. The successful candidate will be required to ensure the smooth running of all sales related administration.
The ideal candidate will be committed to staying in the role for a couple of years in order to maintain consistency and stability with the gallery staff.
- Support the sales team with general administration including: maintaining the mailing lists, updating client records and sales inventory, taking meeting notes and compiling sales figures.
- Tracking and keeping the sales team informed with relevant auction news and results.
- Oversee the preparation of client lists such as call lists, offer select lists, contact lists for events, email and catalogue mail-outs.
- Diary management for the sales team – making bookings and appointments, travel organisation and scheduling in the UK and abroad.
- Ensuring that gallery iPads are updated.
- Providing seamless sales follow up including invoicing, transport, collaboration with other departments.
- Answer incoming phone calls and manage general email enquiries and act as a point of contact for clients as required.
- Responsible for catalogue mail outs on behalf of the sales team.
- Assist with credit card reconciliation and recording expenses for the sales team.
Skills and Personality Profile:
- Masters degree.
- 1 – 2 years in a contemporary art sales environment.
- Flexible and adaptable multi-tasker.
- Good organisational skills with high standards in attention to detail/accuracy.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritise and meet tight deadlines.
- Extreme discretion with confidential and sensitive information.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint).