Our client, an international gallery network with locations in Monaco, Paris, London, Brussels, New York and Shanghai, representing modern and contemporary artists, is looking for a Sales Assistant.
Based in London and reporting to one of the Directors of the Gallery. The Sales Assistant supports gallery Directors on all aspects of sales administration; including but not limited to client database maintenance, creation and dissemination of validated sales materials and aids, sales invoice sharing for client signature and payment, post-sale administration.
- Sales Administration: supporting and facilitating across Directors’ sales lifespan, from client outreach and interest (creating requested Private View Links, non-project PDFs), to sales invoice sharing for signature and settlement, ending with post-sale coordination
- Client Database Management: ensuring client records are accurate and up to date in the gallery’s proprietary database, aligned to GDPR law; new client info entry (fairs, networking, general enquiry and on site visits), current client activity and interest tracking (sales funnel), outreach (interest / pitches), and aiding sales invoices (sharing, signing, chasing payment)
- Artist Sales and Coordination Support: helping toward Directors’ Artist Liaison artist sales & coordination tasks; specifically requesting and forwarding consignor invoices and providing sales statements/ reports to artist’s studio
- Market Activity: maintain constant awareness and provide frequent reporting of primary and secondary art market activity (auction listings and results; fair and gallery sales; private sales information) to Directors and Top Management
- Business Development: adding an established and expansive network of collectors and contacts, to the gallery’s rolodex; furthering the gallery’s brand recognition and imprint both locally and globally
- The Sales Assistant functions as part of a whole in the London gallery team; contributing to the smooth planning, coordination, and execution of all programme projects (exhibitions, art fairs, special participations)
- Adding to the consistent London Sales presence at the gallery and on specified occasions off-site in the art fair or special project environments; fielding client interaction remotely and in-person, feeding to the Directors for sales process to begin
- Understanding and aiding the following of the client’s Sale Rules for all gallery exhibitions, fairs and special projects; including reserve window expiry ensuring consistent communication, release, and ArtLogic status updates
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise tasks
- Strong initiative skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Rigorously attentive to detail and results orientation
- Experience in commercial gallery settings and possess strong knowledge and interest of current market activity