Contract Type: Full-time
Job Type: Permanent
Location: London, UK
Our client, an art technology company, is looking for a Sales Associate to join their rapidly expanding technology business that provides industry leading products and services to the global art market. The business provides first-class customer service, aiming to make the business of art more efficient, giving clients the time and the space to do the things they love.
As the business continues to grow, a motivated and driven individual is required to join the sales team. As a Sales Associate, your primary responsibilities will be to support in inbound business enquiries, generate leads through outbound sales campaigns & develop strong client relationships.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Assisting with new inbound business enquiries in person, by phone or email. Providing demonstrations, attending new business meetings (on and offline).
- Helping create, sustain and develop focused sales campaigns targeted towards the art market at large. You will be looking for new potential clients, online and using any personal contacts and resources available to approach people directly, help improve the numbers of new leads and maintaining the quality of data. This will involve research, documenting and tracking leads, cold emailing and cold calling. Additionally, you will be encouraged to consider any other sales initiatives that will contribute towards raising the company profile globally.
- You will be expected to not only help convert sales but also to consider methods that allow the business to convert and manage sales more efficiently.
- Using specialised knowledge, your professional (online / real world) network of connections and using your entrepreneurship and enthusiasm to help develop leads.
- Visiting galleries, talking to employees, offering to schedule demonstrations, providing information or referring potential clients to more experienced colleagues as needed (and based on the size and complexity of the sale).
- Helping at events where we have a physical presence as sponsor or as a partner. Attending art fairs, gallery openings and other events that involve clients.
- Provide assistance to both clients and colleagues by helping with billing clients. This would include raising invoices for new clients, answering client enquiries about how much is owed and how to make payment, and helping to contact people about any outstanding invoices.
- Other organisational tasks that would help the functioning of the office as required.
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial character. Focused on strategic and analytical thinking.
- Passion and curiosity in the international art market and the commercial needs of galleries/artists/collectors. Experience working for galleries or in the business of art is certainly helpful but not essential.
- Well-spoken, enthusiastic and persuasive personality. Must always maintain a presentable appearance.
- Passion for technology advancements and a high degree of computer literacy, familiarity with Mac OSX and iOS and detailed knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel. Adequate touch-typing skills. Familiarity with PhotoShop, HTML, Microsoft Access, FileMaker Pro, platforms might be helpful.
- Knowledge and familiarity of existing gallery management software. Such as ArtBase, ArtSystems, exhibit- E, ArtBinder, Primer and FileMaker systems (beneficial but not crucial).
- Ability to focus intelligently on tasks and, not only see the wider picture of priorities, but also how the same things can be done better.
If this sounds like you please contact us for further information.