Contract Type: Full-time
Job Type: Permanent
Location: London London, UK
Our client is on a mission to transform the art industry and is seeking a new sales associate to join the team. Their industry-leading products and first-class customer service aim to make the business of art more efficient, giving clients the time and the space to do the things they love.
Due to business growth we are looking for a motivated and driven individual who is eager to join the sales team and deliver amazing results for clients. As a Sales Associate, your primary responsibilities will be to support inbound business enquiries, generate leads through outbound sales campaigns & develop strong client relationships.
As a result of the COVID-19 crisis, this role would involve working remotely until we eventually transition back to working from the London office. Therefore, you must be capable of working from home (adequate working conditions, low noise levels, decent broadband connection) and then be able to work in the London office.
Key areas of responsibility
- Assisting with new inbound business enquiries in person, by phone or email. Providing demonstrations, attending new business meetings and ensuring the sales management system has details of the stage each lead is at, results of conversations and next steps. Tracking and converting inbound sales will be a significant part of your role.
- Helping create, sustain and develop focused outbound sales campaigns. You will be looking for new potential clients, online and using any personal contacts and resources available to approach people directly, help improve the numbers of new leads and maintaining the quality of data. This will involve research, documenting and tracking leads, cold emailing and cold calling. Additionally, you will be encouraged to consider any other sales initiatives that will contribute towards raising the profile globally.
- You will always consider how the business might develop methods that allow them to convert and manage sales more efficiently, including changes to internal processes or possible automations that can help to convert or onboard clients at a faster rate.
- Using specialised knowledge, your professional (online / real world) network of connections and using your entrepreneurship and enthusiasm to help develop leads.
- Visiting galleries when possible, talking to employees, offering to schedule demonstrations, providing information or referring potential clients to more experienced colleagues as needed (and based on the size and complexity of the sale).
- Helping at events whenever the client has a physical presence as sponsor or as a partner. When possible, attending art fairs, gallery openings and other events that involve clients.
- Provide assistance to both clients and colleagues by helping with billing. This would include raising invoices for new clients, answering client enquiries about how much is owed and how to make payment or helping to contact people about outstanding invoices.
- Other organisational tasks that would help the functioning of the business as required.
Performance indicators would include:
- Ability to hit sales targets and rapidly grow the client base. You will be expected to present sales strategies and statistics, effectively manage your sales pipeline, highlight open leads and closed deals. Quarterly sales targets will be set that include specific quantities of expected outreach and expected quantity of converted sales.
- Organisation and time management – being able to manage your tasks which will have competing deadlines and various timelines, organise your thoughts, your to do list and yourself so you stay in control of your time, communicate effectively if there are any issues affecting deadlines or the progress of tasks and projects.
- Clear, friendly, economical communication style.
- Effectiveness – get tasks done rapidly without fuss, making sure that you feed back to your senior colleagues on the status of tasks and projects.
- Forward planning – being able to see if you are able to complete tasks required of you and making provision to discuss them, get help and prepare ahead of time.
- Terrific eye for detail in using systems or testing new feature roll-outs and analysis of any issues.
- Ability to juggle tasks, manage expectations, report back and prioritise effectively.
- Establishing effective working relationship with clients and colleagues.
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial character. Focused on strategic thinking and relationship building.
- Passion and curiosity in the international art market and the commercial needs of dealers, galleries, artists and collectors. Experience working in the art business is certainly helpful but not essential.
- Well-spoken, enthusiastic and persuasive personality. Must always maintain a presentable appearance.
- Passion for technology advancements and a high degree of computer literacy, familiarity with Mac OSX and iOS and detailed knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel. Adequate touch-typing skills. Familiarity with PhotoShop, HTML, Microsoft Access, FileMaker Pro, platforms might be helpful.
- Good industry knowledge of key artists, art galleries, sales platforms, art fairs, and our competitors.
- Having used art gallery management software, email marketing and website content management systems would be beneficial.
- The desire and ability to concentrate on your work autonomously without close supervision and work without distracting colleagues.
- Good analytical ability for problem solving and studying raw data.
- Deductive thinking and ingenuity to help test systems, locate / diagnose faults, solve process issues and find answers or workarounds to a wide range of issues.
- Strong desire to learn and to accept input from your fellow team members. Must also know when to ask for help or guidance.
- Clearly and concisely articulate ideas and thoughts verbally.
- Accurately prepare written business correspondence that is coherent, grammatically correct, concise, friendly and following any established communication guidelines.