Our client, a family owned Jewellers in South London, is seeking a Sales Consultant, with a special focus on Valuations, to join their busy team. The successful candidate will work with the existing team to continue the growth of the company. The role will focus on sales and customer service and will include managing all valuations that the company handles. The role will suit someone that has retail experience outside of the jewellery industry but the client’s preference is for someone with retail jewellery experience. Relevant training will be offered.
- Manage, develop and prioritise sales opportunities and provide sales support to all colleagues as required. This is to deliver the sales target, as set out by the company.
- Familiarise and work closely with the company’s customers to promote sales wherever
- Create sales opportunities through all customer contact in a proactive/creative
- Attend to all customer needs and to the very best of your ability provide satisfaction with the aim of producing results – sales, repairs and valuations.
- Promote design and remodelling as sales option wherever
- Maintain smooth running of shop floor and sales areas meeting company requirements (receipts, packaging, presentation etc), and all other general sales or shop-based tasks
- Deliver attractive window and cabinet displays with the aim of enticing customers into a purchase. After closing to remove stock from the windows placing items in the relevant storage trays
- Promote stock cleanliness and presentation on a regular basis to improve sales appearance wherever possible
- To manage and develop purchasing from customer base to win as much business as possible
- To process all ‘metal’ offers within 10 days of receipt. To be very careful to test and weigh items accurately to make sure our offer is accurate. If necessary offers can be made subject to approval from our bullion dealer
- To work with trade contacts to process ‘trade’ offers to ensure that the offer presented is as high as the company is able to achieve
- To handle liaisons with customers and trade contacts
- To report to customers by letter or email detailing the strongest offer
- Continually review all offers made following up with customers
- To produce insurance valuations for all items of Jewellery sold valued over £1000, gaining approval from the relevant person
- To undertake probate valuations offered by the company adhering to deliver the service in full within two weeks of receipt gaining approval
- To administrate and manage insurance valuations on customers Jewellery working with the valuer and liaising with customers
General roles, include but are not limited to:
- Answer incoming telephone calls, handle all resulting inquiries (involving the necessary colleagues where appropriate) and develop customer service wherever possible
- Deliver all areas of role in a timely efficient fashion making use of software provided, working ahead of and to deadlines wherever relevant
- Be mindful of security at all times and to operate within guidelines set out in the staff handbook
- Assist all colleagues as and when required
- Bring stock from safes into the shop before opening and return stock to the safes after closing
- Maintain the cleanliness and presentation of storage, shop, window space and stock at all times
- From time to time you will be called upon to handle sensitive or strictly private and confidential information. Complete confidentiality is required
- With prior notice you may be asked to work additional or other hours as required
- Keep a smart and tidy appearance suitable for customer facing as the position requires
- Look to serve customers quickly and efficiently at all times
- Assist and drive management and development of all systems where possible or required by operating in an efficient and thorough manner
The ideal candidate will have retail experience, a passion for jewellery and an enthusiasm to learn. They will be…..
- Organised with good communication skills
- Enjoy working as part of a small team
- Proficient IT skills
An interest in gemmology, jewellery design or marketing would also be relevant for this role.
Home Counties UK