Our client is an online retailer of limited edition prints and unique artworks and has a strong position in the online affordable art market, they are seeking a Sales Coordinator to join the team. The company works with established print artists offering works £100-£1,000 as well as brand new and emerging artists. Since 2020 a marketplace arm has been introduced, which features work by famous artists drawn from the secondary/resale market. The business has been under new ownership since March 2020 and has seen strong growth in the past 9 months. They are now looking to improve and scale our operation in order to give the buyers and artists a better service.
The Sales Coordinator is responsible for managed and enquiry driven sales revenue, including Trade, VIP, and Financed sales. Reporting to the Head of Sales, this role is a key hire for the Sales team, and works closely within the artist liaison, customer services and logistics teams. This role will be the key point of contact for inbound sales enquiries and will be managing the company’s artsy channel.
Additionally, the Sales Coordinator will be responsible for developing the trade programme and the VIP pre-selling programme focussing on exclusive releases.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop the VIP and edition release pre-selling programmes
- Develop the trade and sales partnerships programme
- Own the Artsy sales channel to maximise channel ROI, including listing artworks, managing inquiries
- Curating digital exhibitions, viewing rooms, and owning the curator’s picks monthly selection
- Manage inbound sales inquiries via Live Chat, email and call-back requests
- Coordinate ﬁnanced purchases with Own Art
- Manage inbound framing sales inquiries, including occasional creation of framing mock-ups and custom framing packages
- Own and leverage existing customer relationships to drive sustainable revenue growth
- Own and leverage the website Wishlist functionality to increase sales conversion
- Coordinate artwork commission inquiries with Artist Liaison
- Work closely with the Operations and Marketing teams to ensure smooth end to end customer experience and buyer satisfaction
- Deliver and build revenue targets in line with KPIs
- Deliver all revenue targets in line with margin KPIs and guidelines around discounting
- Support the Head of Sales with reporting and analytics
The ideal candidate will be eager to grow, well presented and have a confident phone manner in order to thrive in this role.