Our client, an international gallery for contemporary art, is seeking a Sales Director to focus on client development, exhibition and program management, artist liaison, gallery junior staff management, and develop primary and secondary market sales strategies.
- Sales: handle sales of primary and secondary market artworks at gallery exhibitions or fairs to potential clients
- Artist liaison: liaise with artists for whom the gallery is responsible, including exhibitions held in the gallery and elsewhere, as well as with museums
- Client development: advising a wide range of international clients including private collectors, institutions, foundations and museums. Establish and maintain a privileged relationship with clients.
- Administration: Co-organize with gallery manager and director(s) working meetings and liaise between junior gallery staff and senior management on all company activities.
- Be responsible for developing privileged relationships with several artists and ensuring their support. Develop and maintain interest in the artist’s work with collectors and institutions.
- Develop relationships with institutions and curators to contribute to the artists’ outreach for institutional exhibitions and opportunities for the artists’ projects by developing strong relationships with museums and curators as well as with international institutions.
- Work closely with the gallery’s sales team to facilitate these relationships. Maintain regular contact with the artists.
- Collaborate with the other Director(s) and the rest of the gallery staff to develop and propose a national sales
- Lead the preparation of annual budget meetings with the Global Managing Director, gallery manager and gallery staff.
- Represent the gallery at art fairs and gallery shows.
- Travel to openings of artists in the gallery’s program, including other galleries and museums.
- Supervise and collaborate with Gallery Assistants to prepare outside event requests, exhibitions and sales Including marketing presentations and sales packages for exhibitions and for exhibitions and art fairs.
- Assist the Stage Manager with exhibition set-up as needed.
- Software to know: MAC environment
- Languages: French, English and Dutch – essential
- Desired experience of at least 5 years in a similar position in a gallery
- Qualities required: sense of rigor, organization and management of priorities, flexibility, interpersonal skills