Contract Type: Full-time
Job Type: Permanent
Pay: Dependent on experience
Location: London, UK
Our client, an art publishing house and print gallery based in London, are seeking a Sales Manager. The successful candidate will be a resilient self-starter with a passion for sales, great attention to detail and an energetic personality to join their eclectic team as it grows.
Responsibilities and Duties
The aim of this position is to nurture the existing client list and expand it through excellent customer service and sales skills through both inbound and outbound leads. The job will begin with a few weeks induction on the basics of systems and service followed by a transition into the managerial role. Here you will then be encouraged to bring your previous experience in sales and take the reins on the department, developing and implementing customer growth plans whilst working closely with the director on setting targets and strategies on how to achieve them.
A general overview of responsibilities includes but is not limited to:
- Developing and implementing sales strategies
- Meeting set targets
- Lead generation and follow up, pitching to new clients and researching business opportunities, including cold calling
- Nurturing existing clients, ensuring all are up to date with new ranges and products
- Overseeing all low to mid-level accounts with a longer-term transition to high level
- Representing the gallery at all trade shows as one of the main representatives
- Overseeing and/or processing client orders and working with production to ensure customer expectations are met in regard to lead times, quality and pricing
- Working with the range and research team to meet client curation and design needs
- Direct line management of an administrator who will be there to assist in both a sales and production capacity
- Sufficient reporting and feedback to the director and team
Qualifications and Skills:
- Educated to a degree level
- A keen interest in the arts is expected, but professional experience from other industries is absolutely welcome
- Experience in a professional environment, preferably in sales but other transferable skills will be considered
- Experience in customer service
- Exceptional attention to the details
- The ability to remain calm and positive in a fast-paced and sometimes high-pressure environment.
- An energy to develop and expand your own skills and grow with the business!
Start date as soon as possible