An established gallery in London is seeking a full-time Sales person to help the sales side of the Gallery, liaise with artists, galleries and museums and to sell artworks to a wide range of clients worldwide. It is essential that the applicant has comprehensive knowledge of the administration of a gallery.
The Gallery welcomes applicants who have several years of art experience with proven commercial, communication and organisational skills. The position requires some travel. The gallery operates an open and transparent working environment and the role would be in close collaboration with the Owner/Director and other staff members.
Good knowledge and an interest in modern and contemporary art is essential.
The role is for one of London’s premier commercial galleries – specialising in international contemporary art and 20th century avant garde. The successful candidate will work as an integral and inclusive part of a small team.
The gallery team consists of 10 members, including the Directors.
The position will entail the following:
- Extensive client liaison – negotiating sales and after sales support.
- Maintaining strong client relationships and establishing new client base
- Regular liaison with gallery artists
- Working at art fairs internationally
- Being public relations and press contact
Essential Experience and skills:
- Several years’ experience preferably in a commercial gallery or museum.
- Good understanding of the art market worldwide and knowledge of contemporary and modern art.
- Willingness to work constructively in a small inclusive team and assist with smooth running of the office on all levels
- Good communication and administrative skills
- Willingness to travel overseas for fairs, exhibitions, auctions etc
- Good computer literacy (Mac Based)
- French or German language skills (desirable)