A Premier International Antiques and Fine Art Valuers and Auctioneers in the Home Counties is looking for a Senior Auctioneer and Valuer, with a potential for partnership. The business covers the Southeast region, holding quarterly Fine Auctions; and regular specialist sales of Jewellery, Silver, Clocks, Watches and Instruments, Fine Art, Ceramics, Books, and Antique Furniture and Works of Art. They also hold specialist auctions throughout the year, including Entertainment and Memorabilia, 20th Century Art and Design, Asian Art, Militaria, Garden and Architectural, Textiles, Fine Wine and others. There are also monthly Antique and Collectors’ auctions.
- An ambitious individual who would like to join a busy, vibrant and positive team
- Someone with good experience in a top regional or international auction house with a broad knowledge of antiques and collectables
- A specialist area is not required but would be advantageous.
- The required experience and / or contacts to build and develop the business
- Auctioneering experience desirable
- Excellent client facing skills.
- Previous management experience desirable
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Responsibilities to include:
- Keeping a broad oversight of the main antiques and collectables sales and reporting to the company director
- Carrying out valuations both in the saleroom and at client’s homes, creating proposals and generating new business
- Cataloguing lots, writing catalogue notes and condition reports
- Dealing with clients pre and post-sale and assisting them with queries
- Providing management support and guidance to more junior team members
A competitive package is negotiable for the right person based on experience.