An established London Auction house is looking for a Senior Jewellery Specialist to assist the head of department in the development and growth of the Jewellery & Watches department; working within the department and with the general valuations team to drive sales, whilst engaging new and existing buyers and consignors.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Securing consignments to increase turnover and income for the department and selling sales for the Jewellery & Watches Department. Sourcing new business through pro-active target marketing, cold calling, relationship making and building and maintaining existing client relationships.
- Actively manage client relationships in order to enhance client loyalty and generate business; support key client activity in particular focusing on generating new networks of clients/collectors
- Perform valuations for auction, probate and insurance in association with the Professional Services Department
- Prepare and deliver valuation proposals to secure consignments, providing valuations both offsite and within the auction house
- Research and write catalogue entries
- Assist with the online catalogue production process and adhere to strict production deadlines
Viewing & Auction Day
- Assist with the exhibition set up. Actively participate in all presale exhibitions and events, to cultivate bidders, promote and sell the sale. Develop, track and communicate client interest in lots; and execute bids at sale.
- Undertake condition reports and extra image and video viewing requests
- Viewing responsibilities helping clients at the exhibition; speaking to clients about the property
- Provide support for the head of department
- Mentor the junior members of the department, providing support and guidance on matters related to expertise and client relationships
Full or Part time considered.