Our client is looking for a Senior Auction Photographer to join a growing, auction house team. This individual will be lead member of the photography team, responsible for the production and editing of all lot images for the company’s auctions, and as part of their role will work alongside and/or manage a more junior Auction Photographer.
The company views the following attributes and experience as essential:
- Experience working as a professional photographer, preferably in an auction house environment.
- Experience working in Adobe Photoshop.
- Excellent attention to detail and precision with work.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office applications, with particular emphasis on Excel.
- Strong numeracy skills.
- Ability to work efficiently to meet tight deadlines.
The company views the following as desirable but not necessarily essential:
- Experience working with or handling collectible objects.
- Degree-level or equivalent educational qualification.
- Experience working with CRMs and/or in web content management.
- Any other skills or experience directly applicable to an auction company or numismatics.
The potential employee will be trained by the company’s existing Auction Photographer on auction production and image work, producing images primarily for online E-Auctions held every three weeks, and printed catalogues twice a year. They will further be expected to set up and manage the live auction video feed, participate in live auction day events, and assist the rest of the team with auction administration tasks if necessary. The Senior Auction Photographer will also be involved in corporate development tasks including design/production of images for promotional material.
Salary negotiable, subject to experience, with a discretionary annual bonus of up to 10% of base salary in the first year of employment, rising to up to 20% after 4 years; salary and bonus level are reviewed annually. 32 days paid holiday per annum (incl. statutory 8 bank holidays), increasing according to accrued employment term. Additional non-contractual benefits linked to company performance and accrued employment term will apply, including but not limited to:
- Company performance-related discretionary year-end Holiday Season bonus of up to £2,000.
- Eligibility for company EMI scheme stock options.
- Eligibility for company-paid staff education/training and development exercises.
- Company sponsorship for charitable fund-raising exercises up to value of £500/annum.
- Private medical insurance provided by Vitality & salary credit to nullify PMI tax liability.
- 4 week paid sabbatical for every 5 years’ employment.
- Company paid childcare after 5 years employment worth up to £12,000/annum.