We are recruiting for a Senior Registrar and Collections Manager to join the team at a Blue Chip Gallery in Paris.
This role acts as the primary registrar for the Paris gallery, coordinating movements for the viewing rooms, exhibition programme and post-sale shipments.
- Co-ordinate logistical movement of artworks and their installation in the gallery, and in the viewing room.
- Manage hangs – schedule, oversee installations.
- Monitor shipping, storage and installation costs incurred.
- Manage the artwork stock in the Paris storage facilities, negotiate rates and undertake yearly inventory.
- Develop and maintain a relationship with French storage facilities in order to maintain working knowledge of installation and movement of works in Paris as well as technical staff.
- Maintain regular communication with London Registrar team regarding cost effective shipments from London.
- Assist the Secondary Market team with logistics and organising Conservator Reports.
- Ensure all condition reports are updated and saved on the inventory.
- Manage the Junior Registrar and a team of freelance technicians.
- Act as point of contact for clients post sale.
- Ensure accurate instruction is given with regards to handling, installation, care and maintenance of artworks.
- Manage French TA account.
- Ensure correct invoicing status for works under French TA, Bond or other Customs restrictions.
- Obtain all relevant documentation for movements of artworks once collected.
- Work with Technical department to arrange the installation of artworks at clients’ premises. Artist Studios & Consignments
- Co-ordinate local and international transport of new artworks from Artists’ studios for consignment/ art fairs/exhibitions.
- Liaise with Legal Advisors and SL/ALs to organise third party consignment agreements.
- Manage Artists’ inventory; undertake regular reports of on and off-site storage.
- Liaise with the Exhibitions department to organise shipping schedules and deadlines.
- Work with Fabrication to advise on issues from logistics perspective.
- Significant Registrar experience across both primary and secondary market.
- Developed understanding and experience with logistics, customs, tax and shipping protocols in France.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Experience of working autonomously as well as within a team.
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills.
- Strong attention to detail even when working to tight deadlines.
- Ability to communicate with a wide variety of stakeholders across various departments/management levels.