We are looking for an experienced Registrar to join the team at a Contemporary Gallery in Mayfair.
This role is suited to someone who enjoys working in a fast paced, dynamic environment. Being part of a small team means the responsibilities are varied so candidates need to have a degree of flexibility and be able to work proactively. Previous Fine Art Shipping Experience is essential.
Gallery based, Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm.
The responsibilities will evolve with time, but in the first instance will focus on the following tasks:
- Main point of contact for all shipping across three locations Milan, Stockholm and London
- Good working knowledge of customs procedures
- Organising artwork shipments/works on TA/framing/installation with clients and at the gallery
- Dealing with import/ export queries
- Inventory Management
- Managing TA Account held with the Fine Art Shipping Company
- Insurance and condition reports
- Liaising with 3rd parties such as shipping companies, framers and other suppliers
- Liaising with clients and Artist Studios
- Working with Gallery Director on preparation for exhibitions
- Maintaining and updating all databases (clients, inventory) and the website
- Filing condition reports, certificates of authenticity and images
- Previous shipping experience in a Fine Art Shipping Company, Auction House or Gallery
- Good understanding of customs procedures, TA Import / Export formalities
- Strong and efficient administrator, able to work from own initiative, self sufficient
- Flexible mind set and willing to do “ whatever the day brings”
- Good attention to detail, highly organised, thinks ahead
- Team player and strong communicator