Contract Type: Full-time
Job Type: Permanent
Location: London, UK
We are looking for an experienced registrar to join the team at an established gallery in Mayfair, London.
- Co-ordinate shipments to and from London, Paris & NYC and globally
- Prepare customs and TA documents
- Apply for export licenses
- Prepare and maintain consignment and loan agreements
- Assist with all incoming and outgoing condition reporting and assist with managing and overseeing conservation as needed.
- Responsible for the overall accuracy and completeness of the database
- Create new records for incoming artworks, notify appropriate colleagues as needed
- Enter logistical information into Artlogic, ensuring all relevant shipping / TA documentation is attached to entries
- Ask colleagues to fill their role specific information when there is missing data on an entry (e.g. financials, description, consignor)
- Create lists of works in Artlogic for shipments, fairs, and exhibitions
- Perform and create physical inventories of all artworks on a yearly basis
- Responsible for the stock folders in Dropbox
- Co-ordinate photography of artworks with the gallery assistant, Including booking photographers for exhibition and art fair installation shots
- Take or mandate a short mobile phone video of every new artwork.
- Help internally organise all art fair packing, shipping
- Liaise with external institutions to obtain insurance values
- Work with insurance company to obtain valid certificates of insurance issued to institutions consigning or lending artworks
- Prepare and update a shipping guide to facilitate the sales activity.
- Proven experience as a Registrar, or in a fine art environment
- Languages: English, Italian is a plus
- Ability to work well in a team
- Quick learner with high attention to detail
- Problem solving approach
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously under pressure to tight deadlines