We are looking for a Senior Sales Associate to join a gallery in London. The ideal candidate will be passionate about contemporary art and design and has strong sales and client relations skills. They will have passion and drive to sell art and grow artists’ markets. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a fast-paced international gallery and grow into a director role within the UK sales team.
- Primarily responsible for meeting annual sales target & supporting the gallery’s global and regional goals.
- Proactively manage & expand a robust portfolio of UK & international clients
- Establish and maintain positive personal relationships with all clients in order to produce a repeat collector of the gallery
- Host clients at the London gallery and other UK or international fairs/exhibitions as required
- Actively attract new clients, research new client targets, develop & execute associated strategies
- Attend industry events with pre-determined targets & resulting follow-up
- Develop sales pipeline and sales execution
- Liaise closely with Production, Logistics & Finance teams to ensure timely completion of sale & collection of payment
- Research and be knowledgeable of entire artist roster and art market records, including auction results, museum and institutional acquisitions and exhibitions
- Follow commercial process and develop commercial action plan to hook and develop her / his client portfolio
- Support strategy for all exhibitions and fairs
- Proactively propose artists/artworks and exhibition themes
- Support the implementation of exhibition/fair strategy including sales pipeline, installation, surrounding events, client communication, etc.
- Active client outreach prior to fair or exhibition opening to create appetite and interest
- Coordinate dinners and cocktails with gallery clients
- Client development trips
- Develop and maintain a client development strategy that identifies key prospective client targets, including institutional and commercial clients
- Represent the gallery at art industry events across the region
- Plan 1-2 trips per year to dedicated cities for client development and outreach
- Ensure implementation of client development strategies resulting in continued sales growth
Qualifications and skills required:
Please note, the role is not limited to the above responsibilities
- Minimum 8 Years relevant experience
- Strong sales and client relationship skills
- Established network in UK
- Knowledge of Collectible Design, Furniture, Sculpture, and Contemporary Art preferred
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and basics of InDesign), ArtLogic Management System preferred
- Other languages such as French are a plus
Terms and Conditions:
This is a full-time role based in the gallery with occasional international travel. We offer a competitive salary based on experience with benefits .
Due to the nature of the role, there will be requirement to work on occasional weekends.
Home Counties UK