Our client, an international gallery showcasing art & design, is looking for a Senior Sales Associate to join their gallery in New York. The ideal candidate will be passionate about contemporary art and design and have strong sales and client relations skills. The successful candidate will have a passion and drive to sell art and grow artists’ markets.
- Primarily responsible for meeting annual sales target & supporting the gallery’s global and regional goals
- Proactively manage & expand a robust portfolio of NY based & international clients
- Establish and maintain positive personal relationships with all clients in order to produce a repeat collector of the gallery
- Host clients at the gallery and at international fairs/exhibitions as required
- Actively attract new clients, research new client targets, develop & execute associated strategies
- Attend industry events with pre-determined targets & resulting follow-up
- Develop sales pipeline and sales execution
- Liaise closely with Production, Logistics & Finance teams to ensure timely completion of sale & collection of payment
- Research and be knowledgeable of entire company’s artist roster and art market records, including auction results, museum and institutional acquisitions and exhibitions
- Follow commercial process and develop commercial action plan to hook and develop her / his client portfolio
- Support strategy for all their exhibitions and fairs
- Proactively propose artists/artworks and exhibition themes
- Support the implementation of exhibition/fair strategy including sales pipeline, installation, surrounding events, client communication, etc.
- Active client outreach prior to fair or exhibition opening to create appetite and interest
- Coordinate dinners and cocktails with gallery clients
- Client development trips
- Develop and maintain a client development strategy that identifies key prospective client targets, including institutional and commercial clients
- Represent the gallery at art industry events across the region
- Plan 1-2 trips per year to dedicated cities for client development and outreach
- Ensure implementation of client development strategies resulting in continued sales growth
Please note, the role is not limited to the above responsibilities
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum 8 years relevant experience
- Strong sales and client relationship skills
- Established network in NY
- Knowledge of Collectible Design, Furniture, Sculpture, and Contemporary Art preferred
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and basics of InDesign), ArtLogic Management System preferred
- Other languages such as French and Spanish are a plus
This is a full-time role based in the gallery in Midtown Manhattan with occasional international travel. The gallery offers a competitive salary based on the candidate’s experience with benefits.
Due to the nature of the role, there will be requirement to work on weekends.