Contract Type: Full-time
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Berlin Germany
Our client, a leading contemporary gallery in Berlin is looking for an experienced Senior Sales Director to join its team. The gallery – a joint venture by two renowned international galleries with an established artists program – is realising ambitious solo exhibitions, developed on-site in the exceptional space in Berlin-Mitte.
The role will include, but not be limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Actively engage in selling artworks for all gallery artists.
- Develop new sales strategies; cultivate relationships with clients.
- Work closely with the artists to assist in the development of their international profile within institutions and Museums; Visits to artists’ studios will be part of this role.
- Collaborate with the teams in Cologne and New York
- Represent the gallery at exhibition openings, events, and fairs.
- Oversee sales procedures and documentation.
- Manage an international fair schedule, organize travel, plan various presentations at fairs for specific clients.
The successful candidate will have the following skills / experience:
- Background and experience from a similar sales position. This position requires 5-7 years’ experience in a contemporary art gallery with 3-4 years devoted specifically to sales
- University Degree in Art History, Culture Studies, or a related field.
- A driven and positive personality with passion for creating business opportunities.
- Comfortable working with ambitious sales targets and expectations.
- Strong organisational and time management skills with the ability to focus on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Independent and conscientious working ethics.
- Diplomatic, well-educated, with a professional mind-set.
- Eye for curatorial detail.
- Excellent communication and writing skills in German and English.
- Fluency in French a plus.