We are looking for a Senior Technician to join a busy tech team based in a Central London artist’s studio.
- Reporting directly to the London Installation Manager, you will play a key part in completing tasks within the team, including general care and maintenance of artwork; fabrication; framing; and supporting the studio and artist directly
- Your responsibilities will include overseeing smaller groups of technicians within the team, as well as art handling training, H&S training, extensive 2D and 3D art handling, fork lift truck license, and all other reliant tickets to do the job
- You will be working both in-house and for private clients throughout the UK and overseas. This includes working on exhibitions and projects at the initial planning stage, through to install and deinstall
- You must be proactive and have a flexible approach to work, take initiative, think on your feet, and be able to problem-solve effectively
- Be able to occasionally work out of hours to ensure the job is complete
- You must have a clean and full driving licence and be confident to drive a Luton-sized van
- Computer literate with a knowledge and understanding of all Microsoft Office packages. Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign knowledge are desirable
You will receive specialist guidance and training appropriate to your role which will be ongoing where necessary and beneficial.