Contract Type: Full-time
Job Type: Permanent
Pay: 35-40K depending on experience
Our client, a company who fabricate exhibition builds for many of the large museums in London, is looking for a Senior Workshop Manager to join their team.
The main aim of this role is to be responsible for the management and control of workshop production, flow, health and safety and quality control. To maintain the workshop budget and control associated costs and to establish and maintain a strong Health & Safety culture.
- To ensure the maintenance of all machinery and equipment is kept in good working order and maintained in accordance to H&S standards.
- To ensure that risk assessments are drafted and updated as required and liaise with external H&S advisors to ensure that all H&S Legislation is up to date
- To liaise with Head of Site and Head of Production to ensure clear communication is maintained across all stages of a project, ensuring works are completed within set timescales and delivery dates are met.
- With the Head of Production, to book Workshop crew as required.
- To be responsible for the quality management, ensuring deliverables are produced within the specification and to an expected quality level.
- To have an oversight of all projects being carried out in the workshop and plan resources accordingly.
- To provide and maintain system for all goods in and out and ensure that the van is efficiently scheduled using van scheduling software.
- To provide weekly reports with progress updates on all projects/ maintenance to all relevant parties.
- To be responsible for on-going training and development of all workshop staff.
- A fabrication (joinery, metalwork) background
- Experience of running a workshop
- IT literate and able to follow or create processes
- H&S knowledge needed to run a workshop safely
- Confident with the experience to manage a team
- Understand the importance of managing the flow of a workshop with multiple jobs happening
- Excellent attention to detail