Seeking a full time shipping and logistics manager to join our client, an antique silver shop, based in London. The role can be flexible, allowing 2-3 days a week negotiable, with 2 days minimum. The role involves the safe and secure packing of antiques, management of domestic and international shipping, booking in collections and deliveries, managing proof of exports, informing customers that their shipments are on the way, and liaising with shipping companies and customs when needed. The role also includes managing supplies needed for both shipping and for in-house packing for clients, as well as managing office supplies for day to day use. Previous experience in shipping of antiques or art would be beneficial, as would an understanding of the online systems used. Due to close contact with clients when in the shop and wrapping pieces for them, an interest in antiques would also be beneficial, although not necessary. It is a family run business and so an easy going attitude and willingness to be adaptable and do what is required is needed.
- Wrap and pack items for in house sales and for shipping domestically and internationally.
- Management of domestic and international shipments including all paperwork.
- Book in collections and deliveries and stay informed as to all shipment progress.
- Email clients with relevant tracking information.
- Liaise with existing courier account managers and customs when needed.
- Management of supplies for shipping, the shop, and the office.
- Liaise with clients post delivery.
- Ensure POD’s are kept and filed correctly.
- Occasionally handle shipments that require specific documentation.
- Occasionally handle imports.
- Occasionally expedite white glove delivery in London.
- Keep up to date on requirements needed for correct export and import of goods.
- Collection and delivery by hand locally when needed.
- Fluent English with any other language beneficial.
- Knowledge of shipping, customs and documentation procedures beneficial.
- IOS proficient.
- Easy going attitude.
- Self motivated and enthusiastic.
- Ability to use initiative to provide solutions to issues and problems.
- Strong organisational skills.
- A level of fitness needed to be able to wrap and box items which can be heavy or awkward.
- Good communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Willingness to be adaptable and help out where needed in a small team.