Contract Type: Full-time
Job Type: Permanent
Pay: Dependent on experience
Location: Surrey UK
Our client is looking for an experienced and skilled Shipping Manager who will manage and oversee the entire shipping process. Grading of auction items pre-sale, working with shippers / packing items for shipment, verifying the contents of all received packages and ordering supplies will be an essential responsibility for the Shipping Manager, ensuring that all items are put in place to be safely delivered and received. Organising all shipping related documentation is a key responsibility of this role, ensuring that all documents are correctly filed and kept up to date where necessary to remain informed on the process of all shipping in and outgoings. The Shipping Manager will coordinate the safe shipping of all cargo, ensuring a seamless process from when the cargo leaves customs until it arrives at it’s destination point.
Shipping Manager Duties:
The role of a Shipping Manager will be responsible for overseeing the entire shipping process, ensuring a seamless delivery from start to finish in regards to all goods under your control. As well as this responsibility, you can expect your duties to include the following:
- The Shipping Manager will use Microsoft NAVISION to grade sale items for shipping pre-auction.
- Manage all shipping related documents, keeping them up to date and organised in an effective manner.
- Manage and coordinate where necessary the direct flow of packages, overseeing the process from preparation to shipment.
- Inspect all labels and other features of completed orders to ensure everything has been completed correctly and that the shipments are ready to be sent.
- Work closely with valuers and partners to ensure the correct grading of goods offered at auction pre-sale
- Control the budget of the shipping department.
- Resolve any issues that may arise regarding shipped orders in a timely and effective manner.
- Ensure all team members understand and comply with all legal regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Report to management on any activities and issues.
- Organise the safe shipping of cargo, ensuring a seamless delivery.
- Oversee and manage the budget of the shipping department.
- Maintain strong professional relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
Key skills and qualifications of a Shipping Manager:
- Proven experience as a shipping manager is essential for this role.
- Familiarity with vendor management.
- Knowledge of antique / collectables shipping, warehousing, handling and shipping legislation requirements.
- Ability to gather and analyse data and to work with figures.
- Excel expertise to allow reporting to be provided regularly and allow in-depth interrogation.
- Solid judgement with ability to make good decisions.
- Strong leadership capabilities.
- Must have substantial work-related experience.
- Must have solid experience in Inventory Management.
- Solid knowledge of logistics procedures is essential.
- A good understanding of the antiques and fine art sector.