One of the world’s most respected dealers in Chinese and Oriental art based in Mayfair are looking for an experienced Shipping Manager to join their small team.
The position requirements are below:
- Delivering excellent service for all of the galleries shipping requirements
- Providing expert advice on Customs, VAT and Import/Export issues to ensure the gallery is compliant with all Customs, VAT and import/export matters, including TA, Bond and Free Circulation
- Managing the Bonded Warehouse
- Working closely with Accounting team on invoicing and related tax / shipping matters. Ensuring correct taxes (import & sales) are paid on artworks and that works are imported/exported in accordance with UK customs regulations and requirements.
- Ensuring smooth and timely processing of all post sales activities to meet HMRC’s guidelines
- Managing and maintaining internal electronic systems, spreadsheets and shipping files to high level of accuracy
- Responsible for procuring shipping quotes and organising all supplier deliveries and collections
- Maintain effective control over the costs of shipping
- Ensure all shipping paperwork (delivery/collection notes, pro forma and commercial invoices) is correctly collated and filled out, including stock values, descriptions and quantities
- Ensure artwork is handled in the correct way, to industry standards
- Arranging conservation & framing of works where necessary.
General Gallery Management duties:
- Develop a positive working relationship with other company team members
- Maintaining the smooth running of the gallery and building
- Liaising with outside contractors (eg lift engineers to service the lift; fire alarm maintenance company; ordering water for the coolers, stationary supplies etc).