A contemporary gallery in London is looking for a Social Media Manager to join their expanding team. The social media manager will bring transformative growth in their social media following, develop dialogue and meaningful engagement with the gallery’s audiences, and boost sales across digital channels. You will be responsible for the ideation, creation and publishing of witty, vibrant, original and experimental organic posts, stories and videos, using analytics and data to inform decisions and implement continuous content improvement. The candidate will be an expert in the latest social and digital tools, platforms and trends, a passionate advocate for the power of social media. Knowledge of the traditional art world and the NFT and digital art space is a plus.
- Manage organic social media content across several social media platforms with a key focus on Instagram, TikTok, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Populate social media pages with vibrant, engaging and experimental content.
- Devise and execute a plan to grow the audience and engagement across the gallery’s current key global platforms.
- Establish a witty, approachable and engaging social voice.
- Community management: monitor, listen and respond to users on SM channels while cultivating leads and tracking sales opportunities.
- Social Media Strategy & Scheduling: plan weekly content, copy and posting plans.
- Social Media Analytics & Reporting: share a monthly report of tracking and analytics for organic content.
- Generate lists of content creators and potential partners to collaborate with.
- Concentrate on breaking boundaries, trying new things, and bringing creativity to the table to keep ahead of the curve in organic social content innovation and platform choices.
- Maintain excellent knowledge of social media trends and how different audiences and demographics interact with social media on a daily basis.
- Report into Head of Digital and work closely with the content, exhibitions and sales teams.
- Digital confidence. The nuances of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok and YouTube come to you like a second language.
- Have a strong design sense: you should understand the importance of brand alignment across all social media platforms.
- Strong photography, filming and video editing skills.
- An in depth and up-to-date knowledge of the art world.
- The ability to push the boundaries of the industry without compromising the authenticity of the brand and the credibility of its artists.
- A way with words! Being able to communicate a strong message in a few characters is essential.
- Creative – think outside the box to cut through and engage audiences in new ways
- Able to analyse and glean actionable insights from data.