Our client, an established Artist Studio in Brooklyn, is seeking an experienced and exceptionally organized individual for the role of Studio Administrator. The role involves providing direct administrative support to the production team across a wide range of art production activities from conception through completion.
The position requires the oversight of complex schedules, management of deliverables from team members both internally and externally, skilled communication, and the ability to anticipate problems and proactively present solutions.
The ideal candidate will have experience supporting a team of specialists, assisting with the creation of clear and cohesive timelines, successfully overseeing project roll-out, and strong administrative support skills.
Applicants should be team players with a desire to provide stability and consistency to a fast-paced team.
- Schedule, prepare for, and attend production meetings, taking detailed notes for team distribution.
- Track action items both internally and externally.
- Develop and maintain efficient processes for studio and project organization as well as record digitization.
- Help create and manage fabrication and production schedules.
- Liaise with fabricators, galleries, and museums.
- Order materials and supplies, maintaining detailed records of inventory levels.
- Oversee production-based travel needs.
- Maintain big-picture, long-term view of all projects and ensure that day-to-day function is in sync with greater studio goals.
Key skills & experiences:
- Previous experience in an administrative support role.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to support a team.
- Track record of independent and complex problem-solving.
- History of consistently applying policies and procedures.
- Strong writing and proofreading skills.
- A critical eye for detail.
- Previous experience developing and maintaining budgets.
- Knowledge of industry best practices.